Thoughts of a Cynical Professor

Friday, November 11, 2005

I have become my stepmother

I realized this on the way into work this morning. What gave me this brilliant insight? Well, I pulled my clothes out of the clean basket today -- typical of my s.m. who often bought new socks and underwear for us because she didn't like to fold clothes or match socks. My hair was still wet -- because I didn't get up on time. I was hauling in coffee and smokes.

Good grief. We really do become our parents. In this case, it must have been environmental influences, rather than heredity. LOL!

1 Comments:

  • Scary no? I cringe when I catch myself saying or doing things like my mother. I find myself saying things that she would say to me when I was little. The other day, I chastised a student for submitting an assignment that was a half assed attempt. I said “Haste makes waste.” At that point I realized that it was my mother talking, not me!!!

    Someone call for an exorcism!!!!!

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home