Thoughts of a Cynical Professor

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

So, about that dog story ...

I have a six minute window to blog. It's been that kind of day. Anyways, about the dog... I boarded my dog C1 for the first time in 10 years. Mr. C. and I had a weekend obligation and the dogs simply could not come with us. Yesterday, I picked up C1 and C2. C2 was fine -- happy to see me and all that doggie jazz. But C1 ... oh my goodness. He is a little drama queen. He came home and went to bed. Growled at C2 when he tried to play with him. Hid under all the covers and started snoring. But that's not all ...

C1 has lost his voice. That's right. He can't bark. WTF? He must have barked himself hoarse while we were gone. Today, he tried to bark at the neighbor's cat and it came out as a squeak. He then marched his tubby little body up the stairs into the house, up the stairs in the house to the bed, dug himself back in under the covers, and started to sigh over and over again.

I am a bad dog momma.

6 Comments:

  • My dog is super dramatic when it comes to the kennel. When we pick him up, he makes this cross between a whine and a bark that sounds like "You left me". For the next two or three days, we have to do some major sucking up to him.

    I hate having to board my dog. We travel to our hometown every Thanksgiving, and I have to put him in the kennel. I wish we could take him. My mom has an apartment which does not allow pets. My in-laws, who have a nice house and a yard, refuse to let us bring our dog. I have even offered to bring his crate. My dog is well behaved and very obedient. But, my niece and nephew are afraid of dogs, and they will be staying with the in-laws. They are 4 and 5 years old and have never been exposed to dogs, so they are afraid of them.

    I have told my husband that if they won’t let us bring our dog, then we should not go to visit. He won’t budge on that one. Oh, well.

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 4:39 PM  

  • I'm gonna laugh about that for days, lol. That story just made my day.

    By Blogger IUMike, at 4:41 PM  

  • Oh, poor doggie.

    By Blogger jo(e), at 5:20 PM  

  • You are not a bad dogmother.... When we go out of town, my Girl is always a huge maniac when we return--she's so excited she cant contain herself. But the Boy gives us the cold shoulder. Sure, he wags when we come home but after that he is v. standoffish for a day or so....

    As a side note... maybe keep an eye on him for a few days with the voice thing (I'm sure you will). We've seen kennel cough start off this way. Mine havent ever been boarded (I've been lucky enough to have a stead stream of willing grad students) but theyve gotten kc @ daycare. The Girl always starts off with runny nose and the coughing, but the Boy gets super hoarse.

    By Blogger AAYOR, at 6:10 PM  

  • My cat is always hoarse from meowing so much when I am gone. It makes me very sad when I return.

    By Blogger shrinkykitten, at 6:56 PM  

  • While attending the alma mater of the Vice President, I would return home about every two months to visit my family. This was quite an undertaking considering they lived 1100 miles away.

    Upon arrival my cat would often give me the kitty equivelent of the finger because I had left her and had taken her bed away. I think she was more upset at losing her comfy place in the sun than losing my companionship, but she never let me forget that I abandoned her each time I visited.

    By Blogger ChrisC, at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home