Thoughts of a Cynical Professor

Sunday, November 13, 2005

The weekend in review

Okay, here it is -- 1:19 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon -- and I am woefully behind. Again. This is so typical, I don't know why I am surprised. Here we are, having beautiful Indian Summer weather, and I am holed up in my office at school. I am resentful and pissy about this, but then, it's my own damned fault. After all, I didn't really need to leave early on Friday to have drinks with a co-worker. I didn't need to watch a Roswell marathon on Saturday. I didn't need to read the New York Times this morning.

But those are all things I wanted to do. My life is not my job. My job is not my life. When will Thanksgiving break get here again?

For those of you interested in my European holiday ... I am still working on the details with G.B. I am torn between (1) seeing a lot in a few countries, or (2) seeing a little in a lot of countries. Plus, I will have 5 days at the end of this vacation where I will be running around Europe on my own. I am fairly certain those days will be spent in Ireland, Wales, and England. Mr. C. owes me a trip to Ireland, but can never take off from his Sporting Events to take me. So, fuck him. I'm going alone and I'm going to have a good time in the process. Blah.

3 Comments:

  • You and me both, on the "stuck inside during Indian Summer" thing. *sigh*

    By Blogger IUMike, at 11:42 AM  

  • I went outside. it was glorious.
    the vacation sounds great, esp the 5 days at the end!

    By Blogger timna, at 7:53 PM  

  • I went outside and raked all the f-ing leaves during our Indian Summer weather. It was work, but I guess I was outside. I also got my new dishwasher installed. That's a good thing, because after raking the leaves I can't stand at the sink to wash the dishes!

    I'd love to be visiting GB and enjoying the European culture.

    By Blogger ChrisC, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home